You might want to read this in case you are having or want 2 babies under 2… There is exactly 14 months and 5 days between my two cheeky monkeys so I know what I am talking about.
Yes for sure I have struggled a few times (or many!) since Ida Rose was born. Its been hard, sometimes cruel and often extremely exhausting. BUT when you think about it, it’s a very small percentage of your whole life that you spend on sleepless nights, changing nappies, laundry and being on ‘baby mode’ and the reward is truly amazing!!!! I can confirm and – promise you – that it is all worth it!
No matter the age gap, two kids will always be a handful, but 2 under 2 is very special. My favourite moments are
- When they hold hands just by them self for absolutely no reason besides endless love…
- When they nap at the same time (lol)
The close-sibling love is endless (yes of course they fight too) but for MORE added bonuses please consider these awesome points I have noticed:
The money saver (you can show these to your husband if he needs to be persuaded);
- One kids menu is enough on the restaurant.
- You can do lots of activities, they are free of charge most places before 2 including flights, hotels and restaurants.
- You can reuse your maternity clothes as it’s still in fashion. And you will for sure have got the full value back as its been used nonstop 2×9 months!
- Actually no need to buy new clothes at all for a few years as you never leave the house anyway…
The practical ones
- They can share nappies (yes JV has a small bottom).
- They can share clothes – and no I’m not afraid of putting Ida Rose in boys clothes.
- The can share toys – well that one is not always so easy when they get older 😉
- Everything is fresh in mind, breastfeeding techniques, teething issues, sleep issues…
- Your boobs don’t get horrible and flat in-between pregnancies as you are still breast-feeding. (I won’t mention the look afterwords though!!).
- You don’t need to diet in-between the pregnancies as it’s just a waste of time!
- No time to eat so automatically the baby-weight goes again!
- No stress about going to work as the nonstop baby mode keeps you home in your pyjamas…
- Two under two is always a good conversation subject with strangers (Often they are a bit surprised and look at you as you are crazy… )
- You babies always have a play mate!
- You will miss out on a lot of social events (kinda of a money saver too!) but once you are back you appreciate and enjoy it all a tiny bit extra.
Don’t worry you can do this mama if you want to;
Stop being afraid of what can go wrong and start being excited about what could go right!!!
Good luck x
Can you understand I’m proud?! ❤