Okay let me be honest. It’s pretty early to go through a pregnancy again, and I have no doubt it’s going to be tough at times. I’m very tired, feeling bit sick and the weight is gaining faster than Dubai is building skyscrapers. But why not consider all the reasons to celebrate these nine months! Well obviously besides feeling that little peanut growing inside, here is my list of things I enjoy about pregnancy:
- The Traffic will stop whenever I cross the street. Getting to skip to the front of the line in rest room queues etc. Everybody is being much more helpful, understanding and polite to a pregnant woman, and also my husband is helping much more around the house 😉
- An excuse to wear casual/cosy/slobby clothes everyday. I know, I know… I could do that every day if I wanted to but now it’s accepted to be a bit lazy… Yes I could do an effort – but it doesn’t always happen that an 8 months old crawling baby gives you much free time for hair drying and make up!! Not to mention the sometimes horrifying maternity fashion…
- Not feeling guilty about working out less. There’s no point worrying about the post pregnancy body… I do move and walk a lot but less frequently and I don’t feel guilty not to work out 5 days a week even I have a gym on 42nd floor!
- Human food vacuum cleaner! Those of you who are following my Instagram account (mie_dubai) have probably noticed my increased food intake… I’m soooo hungry, well I am feeding for three at the moment so I can eat cake/ice creme/pancakes/burger or whatever I want whenever I want every day! It’s accepted – or actually quite often even expected!!
- Happiness. Pregnant bellies and babies just always bring a smile to people and you make friends everywhere you go, everyone has a pregnancy story to share.
- Dreaming and fantasizing about this little cute face ❤ talking about names and getting to name another human being.
- Feeling good about weight gain. Pregnancy is Nature’s way of making you feel good about putting on weight! No matter what everybody thinks you look beautiful and glowing like a star!!!
- Handy table. Use belly as a handy table for ice cream or cake.
- Busy busy. Knowing that from now on, whatever happens, you’ll never be bored again.
- The pregnancy free beauty package: Thick, silky hair; long, strong nails; beautiful skin; big boobs.
It’s expected to nap and rest!Well if it wasnt because I had a small baby boy to look after… – so no this point is not really valid for me in this pregnancy!! 🙂 But I wouldn’t change a thing! Perfect excuse to pamper yourself– spending hours in the bath, having lots of massages and enjoying a blow-dry at hair dresser! Well also maybe not so easy for second time mums 😉
- Only 9 months… Knowing that all the bad stuff… like the heartburn, weight gain, swollen ankles, backache, and all the rest doesn’t last forever… And that in the end, it’s all worth it.
P.s. In the photo is my friend L who did underwater prego photos! I love them and another thing to look foreword to… Thanks L ❤